17 July 2021

Sasha Festival 2021 - post 6

The Children’s Fund Auction was the highlight of last night, but we also had a group dinner beforehand. I was one of the table hostesses. We were told there would be nine people per table so I brought nine gifts - eight for the others at my table and one to swap with another hostess.


Inside these party bags was a t-shirt purchased from A Passion For Sasha, a rainbow Care Bear, a Little Golden book, and a Sasha-sized Skittles box made by my husband (with rice inside so they rattle like the real thing). Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but related to the Sasha Reads a Rainbow festival theme.


It turned out there were only eight people per table so we had two gifts we could swap, and my table only had five people; I gave the three extra to some of the girls Boo usually hangs out with. I did my original swap with Janell and received a cute outfit of jeans and a turquoise shirt - I saw this outfit with a dark green shirt later, so apparently the shirts were in different colors. My second swap was with Sheila who made a rainbow striped dress, panties, bow, and psychedelic fringed sandals. The stripes have the same turquoise color as the other swap’s shirt so I wound up with coordinating his-and-hers outfits. Sweet!



As if the fantastic hostess gifts weren’t enough, we also received a festival outfit at Friday’s dinner. Of course it was rainbow-themed: a shirt and top made from white or black color-speckled fabric with suede trim in a variety of colors, plus panties and socks. So cute! I originally opened an outfit with a black background but wound up with one with a white background and turquoise suede (three coordinating outfits!).


We have another group dinner tonight and who knows what other treasures I’ll wind up with.

2 comments:

DollMum said...

Your hostess gifts fit the rainbow theme and are a clever mix - something for everyone. My daughter and I have been enjoying all the versions of the festival souvenir outfits we've seen so far - we're wondering which combinations we'll get (because we kept our bookings to get the souvenirs as she was determined she wanted them - she is gutted to not be there this time).

Julie said...

So glad you are posting. I am so sad not to be there enjoying the fun. Fingers crossed for next year!