15 July 2021

Sasha Festival 2021 - post 1 (festival bound)

I volunteered to provide a Sasha baby raffle doll for the 2020 Sasha Festival in Pittsburgh … which due to Covid became the 2021 Sasha Festival in Pittsburgh, starting tonight.

I really wanted to make a wardrobe for him, but my aspirations were bigger than both my free time and my skills. And so I bought and donated clothes by other makers, and asked the Sasha community for donations. I will post pictures once it is set up so you can see his full bounty. It. Is. Fabulous.

But I still wanted to make him something so I scrambled over the past few evenings and was able to sew two items for him, a pair of cheddar orange overalls and a blue romper with trees. They’re done and I think they’ll hold together, but there are some wonky seams and few are finished/overstitched/zigzagged. Definitely not the caliber of other Sasha seamstresses, but I made them in very little time with my own two hands and I’m pretty proud of that. They will be part of the raffle baby’s wardrobe. 

The overalls were made from a Ruth’s Dolls pattern in an issue of Friends of Sasha newsletter. They are shown with a rainbow striped shirt from Etsy store “A Passion for Sasha”. Which is also part of the raffle.


The romper was made from a pattern in the book Sasha Dolls: clothing and Patterns. It was made from odd shaped scraps of vintage fabric and tiny vintage double-fold bias (smaller than 1/4 inch).

 Stay tuned for pictures of the raffle baby set up (tomorrow?). Let the festival begin! 

1 comment:

DollMum said...

What a fun outfit and a lucky baby, well done for squeezing this in among all the other stuff you've been doing recently. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of his clothes.