29 June 2009

Sasha Festival 2009 - post 1

I had an absolutely spectacular time at the Sasha Festival over the weekend! This was my first non-business trip without the kids, and it was nice to spend it in the company of such a friendly group. I had been looking forward to meeting several people I've communicated with who I knew would be in attendance. It was great to spend time talking and getting to know one another better. They were every bit as warm and wonderful as I imagined they'd be. You may have seen these names in previous blog posts:

Michele (in CO),


Tina (AKA Dolly Detroit),


and Pat (Sasha Spa).


I also met Gabi, who I knew would be blogging from the festival. Her posts and pictures do a good job of capturing all the activities and events at the festival, as well as the fun and comraderie. You should definitely check them out if you haven't already: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Here's Gabi at the sales room, having just purchased a toddler for herself.


I was fortunate to not only meet Peggy Trauger, but also win one of the items she made and donated to the auction. I rushed upstairs to get Muriel as the auction was ending, so that I could take a picture with Peggy and the outfit. That was a special moment for me. I won six auctions, and also several of the helper drawings; I will try to include pictures of all the items in a future post.


I met so many nice people over the course of the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed conversing with them all. It would be impossible to mention everyone, but I'll single out several people who I happen to have good pictures of and whose company I especially enjoyed:

JoAnn and Barbara,


Ellen,


and Elana.


In addition to the socializing, I created three craft items at the workshops: miniature postcards, a bead necklace, and a lilac hat. (I brought home the scrapbook packet but haven't created any memory pages yet). The postcards and necklace were relatively easy to assemble, but the lilac hat proved to be more of a challenge for me. I finally found inspiration with a very dark bunch of flowers.


Here is Muriel wearing her necklace and hat, along with Michele's and Tina's dolls also modeling their one-of-a-kind millinery creations.


And here are Tina, Michele, and I, holding our dolls at the end of the workshops. Good friends and good fun!

No comments: