19 February 2009

Meet Rose

I bought a 1980's Blonde Gingham on eBay specifically for my daughter. Unfortunately when she arrived she smelled a bit smokey. I set her aside figuring I'd see what I could do, and gave Calla to Boo instead. Fortunately the smell wasn't too bad, and the doll was fine once I'd washed her hair and left her to air on the screened porch for a while. I knew Calla would need a friend eventually, especially once Boo started talking about wanting a doll named Rose. Well, she now has a doll named Rose (officially Ceres Rose, in keeping with the naming theme of the other 80's dolls).

The first thing Boo did was redress her, settling on this lovely pink "princess" dress, a Nellie-Rose creation from eBay seller maudie-mays. Bee-you-tee-ful!


Here's what I found in Boo's room the next morning: Princess Rose, still dressed in her finery, tucked into Calla's bed. I had Paul McCartney's "After the Ball" stuck in my head for the rest of the day...


UPDATE: I've discovered that Ceres was the Roman goddess of the harvest/agriculture (Demeter is the Greek equivalent). So perhaps I should be referring to her as Goddess Rose instead of Princes Rose. :-)

No comments: